As a book lover, I have no shortage of bookmarks. I have cute ones, thoughtful ones, and even quirky ones. Sometimes none of them will do, or (a more likely reason) I’m in a hurry to mark my page, and need something, anything, now.
I’ve used some pretty silly things to mark my page. Here is a list of previous bookmarks:
- Candy wrappers
- Sticky notes
- My glasses
- Another book
- The cat (this didn’t work so well, catses don’t like to be bookmarks)
- My e-reader
- Pencils and pens
- Lotion bottle
- Any number of papers, envelopes, and assorted mail
- Throw pillow
- Cell phone
- Remote control
There are a few things that I will never use as bookmarks:
- Folding a corner of the page *shudder*
- Bending back the spine *narrows eyes*
- Highlighting or underlining (unless it’s a college text)
- Frankly, anything that would damage the book in any way
I know that there are lots of readers who love to batter their paperbacks, but I’m not one of them. I can read a book just as well while keeping it looking nearly new. And that way it’s still looks pretty on my shelf after I’m done.
So tell me, what are some strange bookmarks you’ve used?